Adedoyin Oyinkan Rhodes - Vivour LL.B, LLM, M.A (London) FCIArb (UK)
Arbitration & ADR, Corporate Commercial Law, Banking & Finance, Oil & Gas, Maritime Law, Debt Recovery, Loan Restructuring, Litigation, Foreign Investment
Doyin's expertise has been recognized in publications such as the arbitration chapter of Who's Who Legal Nigeria 2009.
She is listed in the 8th edition of Guide to the World's Leading Commercial Arbitration Experts [Expert Guide] as one of the preeminent professionals in the world.
She was voted Chairperson of the Year Arbitration/ADR Committee (2006 and 2009) – Nigerian Bar Association Section on Business Law.
She has represented parties as counsel in arbitration proceedings. She has also acted as Presiding Arbitrator or Sole Arbitrator or member of Arbitral Tribunal in various arbitral matters. She has acted as a consultant to regulatory bodies for establishing ADR mechanisms.
She was a member of the National Committee on the Reform and Harmonization of Arbitration/ADR Laws in Nigeria. She is a Board member of the Lagos Court of Arbitration and is a Notary Public of Nigeria.
- Member of the Permanent Court of Arbitration, The Hague, The Netherlands.
- Pioneer chairperson of the Arbitration and ADR Committee of the Section on Business Law Nigerian Bar Association. [2005-2010]
- Vice Chairperson Law Reform Committee, Institute of Directors London (Nigeria Branch) [2007-Till Present]
- Immediate Past Honorary Treasurer Chartered Institute of Arbitrators [UK] Nigeria Branch [2003-2009]
- Third Vice Chairman Chartered Institute of Arbitrators [UK] Nigeria Branch
- 3rd Vice Chairperson Chartered Institute of Arbitrators [UK] Nigeria Branch
- Founder member and President, Maritime Arbitrators Association of Nigeria
- Member of the Board of the Lagos Court of Arbitration.
- Member of the Council of the Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Council Member Nigerian Chamber of Shipping
- Member Nigerian Bar Association
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, England
- Fellow of the Institute of Directors London (Nigeria Branch)
- Member of the International Bar Association (Section on Business Law)
- Member of the Nigerian Society of International Law
- Supporting Member, London Maritime Arbitrators Association
- Member, Nigerian Chamber of Shipping
- President, Maritime Arbitrators Association of Nigeria
- Member, Baltic Exchange London
- Member, Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN)
- Member, Association of International Arbitration Brussels.
- International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR)
- Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC),
- Dubai International Arbitration Center
- Panel of Neutrals of the London Court of International Arbitration [LCIA]
- Panel of Neutral of the Lagos and Abuja Multidoor Court Houses
- The Lagos Regional Centre for International Commercial Arbitration
- International Maritime Conciliation and Mediation Panel (IMCAM)
- Dubai International Arbitration Center (DIAC)
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. England.
- Maritime Arbitrators Association of Nigeria
Mrs. Adedoyin Oyinkan Rhodes- Vivour has over 29 years experience in Commercial Law transactions and litigation. She has represented various clients including oil companies, telecommunication companies and banks in litigation and arbitration proceedings. She renders legal advice on a wide range of commercial transactions.
She has been involved in various matters including that pertaining to oil and gas, shipping, telecommunications, finance and banking, commercial law transactions and litigation. She renders legal advice on a wide range of commercial transactions.
She has served as arbitrator and mediator and acted as counsel in various matters mainly under the UNCITRAL Rules. Experience includes acting as counsel, co-arbitrator and sole arbitrator. Has also acted as counsel in international arbitration proceedings including that conducted under the ICC Rules.